Call Lane is a 5 storey mixed use development in the centre of Leeds comprising office accommodation to ground floor and 4 upper storeys of affordable rented apartments. The development is situated within the historic Calls area which dates back to the 1500’s. The site was originally occupied by an open square. The primary elevation to Call Lane is clad in glazed terracotta rainscreen cladding. The use of the multi-coloured cladding panels recalls the dyes used in clothing manufacture and in turn reflects the industrial heritage of the existing 18th Century street scene. Since its completion in 2007 this high-quality contemporary building has become one of the major buildings of architectural interest in the centre of Leeds.