This month at BBA:
Projects currently at planning stage:
18 East Parade, Leeds
Planning has been submitted for the conversion of an existing 2 storey building into a commercial unit, 5 apartments and a roof top extension for at 18 East Parade in Leeds City Centre for YPP.
Drury House, Liverpool and Minshull Street, Manchester
Permitted development applications have been submitted for the conversion of Drury House, Liverpool for 104 studio apartments, one and two bed apartments and residents gym over 10 storeys and the conversion of 12 Minshull Street in the centre of Manchester into 39 studio apartments for YPP.
Drury House, Liverpool
Minshull Street, Manchester
Castle Road, Whitby
A Reserved Matters Application has been submitted for 46no. Private Residential Dwellings in High Stakesby, on the Western edge of shipbuilding town, Whitby.
The scheme offers of a wide mix of 2, 3 ,4 and 5no. bed bungalows and two-storey houses to appeal to the Whitby market.
The scheme forms Phase Two of a larger scheme being developed by our client S. Harrison Ltd.
Phase Three has been submitted as a Full Planning Application concurrent to this, comprising 14no. Private Residential Dwellings on the existing Sneaton Castle Farm site, adjacent to the Phase Two site.
Projects on site:
Northshore Homezone Phase 3
Tolent Living are progressing well on site for 82 No. 2, 3 and 4 bedroom homes for Muse Developments.
Burley Lane, Horsforth
Works are progressing well at Burley Lane Horsforth for Leeds & Yorkshire Housing Association.
Starfish are progressing well on site for the construction of an 11 unit apartment block and 2 units of social housing for the over 55’s.
LGHS Block 5
The former Leeds Girl's High School conversion is progressing well on site with the show apartments available to view.
Works are due to complete at the end of September.
Newhall Gate, Belle Isle, Leeds
Works are progressing on site for 27 new 2 and 3 bedroom homes for affordable rent in Belle Isle, Leeds for Leeds Federated Housing Association.
Chellow Heights, Brradford
Strategic Team Group are progressing well on site for 66 affordable family homes in Bradford for Home Group.
The development consists of a mix of 2 and 3 bed two storey family dwellings all with incurtilage parking.
East Acres, Byram, Selby
Strategic Team Group are progressing well on site for 5 no. 1 bed units, 15 no. 2 bed units, 7 no. 3 bed units and 2 no. 4 bed units for rent by Home Group.
Gipton Fire Station
Simpsons of York have now completed works converting the Old Fire Station into a Community Hub.
- Office accommodation for GIPSIL incorporating consultation and counselling rooms.
- Teaching kitchen and instruction area. Together with Ministry of Food, Zest will run cookery classes for local residents.
- A shop selling re purposed goods and refurbished furniture etc.
- Former Young Fire-Fighters’ annexe remodelled by Stage 2 – a local charity offering acting and performance-based activities to children and young adults.
- A café with full catering kitchen run as part of the shop and as a commercial/ community venture for building users and visitors.
- A small Enterprise Hub where hot-desking space will be rented out to enterprising individuals/ organisations needing flexible workspace.
- Lettable office space for future prospective users.
- Meeting rooms, consultation rooms and ancillary spaces.
- Environmental improvements to external areas to provide a landscaped entrance, a café garden as well as parking for staff, visitors and building users.
The original 1930’s building has been retained with minor additions to enhance its fire-station ‘feel’. All tiling has been repaired and retained, and new timber secondary doors and shutters installed to the engine bays.
Fern House, Bingley
Bardsley Construction have completed a new Extra Care and Dementia Care housing scheme for The Abbeyfield Society in Bingley.
The scheme which is known as Fern House includes 49, one and two bedroom, extra care apartments and a residential suite, complete with 30 en-suite bedrooms which will be dedicated to support people who are living with dementia. It also offers a multi-storey entrance atrium, a restaurant, a hair and beauty salon, a rooftop lounge with spectacular views across the Aire Valley and landscaped courtyard garden areas. It has been built on the site of the former Bingley Hospital and the foundation stones from the original building have been restored and turned into an attractive feature at the entrance to the development.