St Leonard's Place is a regency period crescent of stucco faced town-houses. In the 1930’s they were acquired by the City of York Council and were used as their offices until 2012. By this time, the buildings had been heavily modified, with extensions across the rear façade.
The development is to return the terrace to its original intent, with 5 of the town-houses to be recreated. The remaining properties are to be converted to 29 luxury apartments. To the rear, the gardens are to be opened out and enclosed with a mews row of garages and apartments.The development is situated within 150 metres of York Minster and is in the heart of the cultural area of York; opposite the Theatre Royal and set between the Art Gallery, City Library and Yorkshire Museum.