We take data protection seriously and safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors is important to us. This policy sets out the basis on which any personal information we may collect from you, or you provide to us, will be processed and used by us.
Any links from our website to other websites are provided merely for your convenience and do not imply our endorsement of the content or the provider. If you follow a link to any of these websites, you do so at your own risk and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for the content of such websites.
Information we may collect from you
By using our website or by registering for any of the products and services we offer through it, you are confirming to us that you understand and accept that your personal information may be used by us in the manner described below.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our website, subscribing to our products and services, posting material or requesting further products and services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our website;
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence (including email and phone conversations);
- your name, address, telephone numbers, email address and other information which you supply to us;
- we may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
- details of transactions you carry out through our website and the fulfilment of those transactions; and
- details of your visits to our website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
Uses made of the information
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
- to ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may be of interest to you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to audit the usage of our website;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contract entered into between you and us;
- for training purposes, quality assurance or to record details about the products and services you order from us;
- to satisfy and meet our legal and regulatory requirements;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our services, when you choose to do so; and
- to notify you about changes to our products and services.
Unless prescribed by law, we will retain your personal information for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal information was collected or for which it is to be further processed by us.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
In order to provide you with requested products and services we may need to transfer your personal information to service partners based in countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA). This does not diminish your rights. We will take all reasonable steps necessary to ensure that any personal information transferred outside the EEA by us will be treated securely and in accordance with this Policy.
What is in a cookie?
A cookie is a simple text file that is stored on your computer or mobile device by a website's server and only that server will be able to retrieve or read the contents of that cookie. Each cookie is unique to your web browser. It will contain some anonymous information such as a unique identifier and the site name and some digits and numbers. It allows a website to remember things like your preferences or what's in your shopping basket.
(1) Remember you (anonymously) when you visit this website to keep track of your browsing patterns and to build up a profile of how you and other users use the website.
(2) Make our website work as efficiently as possible.
NB - The cookies we use do not hold any personal information about you.
Most browsers allow you to turn off cookies. To do this look at the "help" menu on your browser. Switching off cookies may restrict your use of the website and/or delay or affect the way in which it operates.
|__utma||Persistent cookie||Analytics||This cookie is used to determine unique visitors to the site.|
|__utmb||Persistent cookie||Your visit||This cookie is used to establish and continue a user session on the site.|
|__utmc||Session cookie||Your visit||This cookie operated in conjunction with the __utmb cookie to determine whether or not to establish a new session for the user.|
|__utmz||Persistent cookie||Advertising||This cookie identifies if you have been directed to http://www.brewsterbye.co.uk via one of our promotional partners.|
Further general information about cookies is available at www.allaboutcookies.org.
For further information about Google Analytics please see www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html.